Sunday, May 25, 2008

An accident, an experience

20080524 at 9:45am - Coburg, VIC
As planned, the family were excited and looking forward to visit Geelong, an hour 15mins drive from our home. Our kids were happy because today is the third week of us in Coburg and was our first day traveling outstation. We were eager to meet with Pastor Jo Bowes and to get a touch of Geelong before we decide to shift over or to remain in Coburg.

20080524 at 10:30am - Werribee, VIC
While I was driving on the freeway, third lane. Out of a sudden, I felt a huge impact and my car was being pushed aside. In split seconds, I began to realize that, the car which slammed unto me began to loose control and it swayed into a hill sloop.

Everything happened so fast as though you heard the thunder and lightning appeared and disappeared before your eyes. I quickly pulled aside and checked on my car. *Wow!* It was bad! However, the car was worst, easily 5times worst than mine.

Later, after the driver got out from his vehicle, he shared to me that, he felt asleep and by the time he realized his condition, he was about to slam into a truck in front of him. With immediate response, he tried to avoid the truck and hit unto me. At one point, his car was sandwiched between the truck and mine.

I really thank God for the 4WD because it is so solid and hardy. Nobody was injured even though the impact was great, this is because the 4WD had cushioned the impact of it.

You may click to view on the graphic illustrated picture if you are interested to know how the accident took place.

Do have in mind, both the truck and Corey's vehicle were running (easily) 100km/hour.

5 comments:

joshua said...

First accident in Australia on the record.

Memorable. 8-)

d'Lion said...

Thank God you are all safe and sound under God's protection.

Good illustration of the accident. You can join the police force. :-D

Unknown said...

haha...you actually draw that pic out!!haha

richrach said...

thank God that everyone's safe!
God is good all the time...

my same response with amanda on the drawings! hahaha!

calebAARON said...

To Jo,
O yeah, what an encounter we had. A big one...

To Daniel; Amanda and Rachel,
=) I thought to draft the accident scene (so to explain or describe is the better word) to help everyone picture the actual incident. Looks like I passed...